Saturday, March 12, 2011
Finalist, Irish Blog Awards 2011
So, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had been nominated in the Best Food/Drink Blog category in the Irish Blog Awards 2011. I was delirah, beside myself really, that someone or possibly sevorial someones had taken the time to nominate my little blog. The day that the shortlists were released I nearly fell over when I spied my little blog still in the running. By the grace of God I was sitting down on Wednesday morning when I logged in to twitter as people were congratulating me on becoming a finalist. Had I not been safely perched on a chair I would have done myself a serious injury. After I checked the Irish Blog Awards website a gazillionty times for confirmation I finally believed that it wasn't a little twitteratti joke. I, me, Like Mam Used To Bake, have made it onto the list of finalists. I'm not sure how it happened but I can't even begin to tell you all how happy and grateful I am. I love my little blog. It gives me a perfectly valid excuse to bake and eat cake weekly and I have met some really wonderful people since I have started blogging.
Again I would like to thank the person/people who nominated the blog. I would also like to thank the judges who have deemed fit to place the blog on the list of finalists, Damien Mulley and all involved in organising the awards. Lastly I would like to thank each and every one of you who read the blog and also comment, you make blogging so enjoyable for me and I hope that you continue along with me on my baking adventure.
My fellow finalists are truly fantastic bloggers, Dinner du Jour, I Can Has Cook?, Gimme The Recipe and The Daily Spud, and I am honoured to be named along side them. I look forward to seeing them all at the awards ceremony next week and I would like to wish them all the very best of luck, not that they need it. I don't rate my chances of winning too highly as I am up against such talented ladies but to have been nominated, shortlisted and become a finalist, well I couldn't possibly want more. I have been given a beautiful cake with icing AND a cherry on top and sure who wouldn't be happy with that. Thank you all once again.
R x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations lovely, you very much deserve it! Have my fingers crossed for you for the big day!
ReplyDeleteNailish Ramblings,
ReplyDeleteThanks missis! x
Many congratulations!
ReplyDeleteLF,
ReplyDeleteThank you very much! :)
Horray! Congrats!!!! Will have my fingers crossed for you on the 19th!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Orla, I need everything possible crossed as the competition is fierce! :)
ReplyDelete