Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wedding Anniversary: 4 Years

Today is my wedding anniversary.  I have been married to the most wonderful man in the world for four whole years.  To be honest I don't know how he puts up with me, but he does.  He must be mad, or desperate, or both maybe. 

Then again, I sometimes wonder how I put up with him.  He drives me mad.  He spends at least 97.5% of his waking hours on a mission to wind me up.  Wind me up to the point of insanity sometimes. It makes him laugh.  Sometimes it makes me cry. 

But I love him.  My heart aches with the weight of it if I stop to think about just how much, so I try not to do that too often.  Then when I wake up to start a new day I realise I love him just a little bit more.  I don't know how it is possible, but it is.  He loves me too you know.  And every day when he wakes up he continues to love me.  I am eternally grateful for that.  Even in the moments when I forget that I am.

He is my sun, my breath, my life. 

I love you Mr Boo. I always will.

xxx

16 comments:

  1. Oh gorgeous! I hope someday to find someone I can love like that x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is the most amazing post, I have tears in my eyes reading it. So touching and its so refreshing to see a post on just how much your partner means to you. Sometimes its too easy to be irritated by the things we want to change in someone instead of just appreicating the person for how they are. You are both so lucky to have each other and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bag of hankies for the old married lady here (who wants to copy & paste this on Oct 1st). Congrats love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarie,
    There is someone out there just waiting to find you and love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gluttony,
    Don't get me wrong, he irritates the life out of me (and me him I'm sure), but everyday I do take at least 1 little moment to think about how much I love him and how lucky I am to have him. I really am blessed. Thank you for the kind wishes. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. babaduck,
    Old married lady, where? :) I should have asked Kleenex to sponsor the post! Now, we'll have no copy and pasting after the twitter conversation the other day hehehe I'll be keeping a beady little eye on your blog. Thanks missis. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post :) I am so glad you are so happy together. Happy Anniversary again xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet post... I just read a quote on twitter about how couples can spend more time planning the wedding than planning the marriage... You have made me think about four years down the line and I look forward to echoing your sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twinkletoes,
    Thank you so much for your kind wishes. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. brideandjoy,
    That is very true. We invest a huge amount of time (and money) into planning our weddings and then just wing it when it comes to the marriage. I suppose their is only so much you can plan for in a marriage though as circumstances change so often. The important thing is to communicate and not lose sight of eachother. Plenty of laughter also helps. I look forward to reading your post about your 4th anniversary. Wishing you luck for the journey. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonw, really feeling the love!!! Lovely sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. crazydaisy,
    Thank you. Your comment makes me want to break into song. Just how acceptable is it for a grown woman to sing songs from the Lion King? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww how lovely. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary AND on finding such a happy marriage :) What a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely post, Mr Boo is a lucky man to have such a loving wife

    ReplyDelete
  15. JoanieBubbles,
    Thanks. I must show Mr Boo your comment the next time he forgets how lucky he is hehe. We are both very lucky I think and I hope that we have 4 years that are equally as happy to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete